A very essential bridal accessory is the Nethi Chutti (known as Maang Tikka in the North). It is a very important and beautiful piece of ornament worn on the forehead and gives a complete look to the bride. With a lot of nethi chuttis in trend, I am sure a lot of brides-to-be are confused about which type to adorn. There are umpteen choices to choose from and I am going to make it easier for you guys! Let's see what's trending ;)
1. Traditional Kemp Nethi Chutti For ages, this has been every South Indian bride's favourite nethi chutti. Nothing can replace the traditional and complete look that it gives. A lot of new designs do invade but the kemp nethi chutti always stays in fashion.
2. Contemporary Kemp Nethi Chutti The traditional kemp nethi chuttis come with a twist these days. With the evolution of 1 gram gold jewellery, the contemporary kemp designs have become very common. The brides who want to stay traditional, yet trendy, opt for this! And not to forget Actress Sneha's nethi chutti for her wedding! Oh boy! She did make a style statement there!
3. Single Nethi Chutti Are you a bride who always loves to keep things simple yet elegant? Then this is what you should be wearing and did I tell you? It suits all types of face cuts :)
4. Pendant Nethi Chutti Did you know that the pendant nethi chutti is the most sought after nethi chutti for Reception? I am sure most of you will agree. For Reception, if you prefer to wear grand sarees or lehengas, this is the best option if you do not want to overdo things. You can make your single nethi chutti into a pendant one by hiding the string under your hair.
5. Layered Nethi Chutti This is THE TREND right now! Step or layered nethi chutti is what the present day brides are crazy about. Made of golden balls or white pearls, these layered nethi chuttis are very grand and stunning.
6. Single Layer Nethi Chutti: Be it manga nethi chutti with a dash of red stones or the contemporary designs, South Indian brides look flashy in this lovely nethi chutti style that covers their forehead!
7. Kundan Nethi Chutti A lot of brides love kundan for the royal look it gives. Some of the kundan nethi chuttis for you:
8. Mughal Nethi Chutti Popularly know as the Jhumar Tikka in the North, it is one of the favourite nethi chutti styles of North Indian Brides. All said, did you know that our South Indian Brides have started flaunting this style?
9. Floral Nethi Chutti Love the idea of being adorned with fresh flowers? Sport this look for your mehandi! The apt choice! And oh the Bollywood Actors Aishwarya Rai, Isha Deol and some others have looked opted for this nethi chutti for their mehandi function!