Vintage Weddings – A Trend That Never Dates!
Trends will come and go but a vintage wedding will never go out of trend. Brides and grooms today, tomorrow and 10 years down the line simply can't get enough of them! From The Great Gatsby to the spectacular Antique Art Deco, there are so many ways to get VINTAGE!
All the designer stores are filled with all things Vintage – from dresses, to shoes, from invitation cards to decoration knick knacks; you will be spoilt for choice with vintage as your wedding theme. The best part - Vintage never dates!
Here are some cool ways to get a vintage wedding for you:
· A vintage wedding starts way before the wedding. It starts with the invites. If you are going for vintage why not send postcard wedding invites with old black and white pictures.
· To pull-off a vintage wedding you need to put your creative hat on, pull out some white lace table cloths, find a couple of crystal candles, to add a dash of nostalgia decorate some old pictures in an antique frame (better yet, mount the frames on trees and walls), add some subtle porcelain cutlery and voila – you have got yourself a vintage wedding.
· Your venue also plays a huge role in pulling off an authentic vintage theme, chose a fort, a heritage building or a royal palace and your dream of marrying like royalty will soon become a reality! To create an unforgettable ceremony, top your royal venue with a lavish banquet and some dazzling fireworks.
· Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor had donned her would-be mother-in-law ‘Sharmila Tagore’s’ vintage sharara for her wedding, why not follow suit? Ask your mom for her wedding dress, make some alterations/additions if required (PS: Keep the alterations and additions to a minimum otherwise you’ll lose the vintage touch).
· The groom shouldn’t be left behind in our quest for a classy vintage wedding, let the groom don the most exquisite sherwani and make a grand entrance in an old vintage. Arriving to the venue in a classy vintage vehicle is the perfect way to make a royal statement.
· When we say vintage we mean vintage, which means the guest book isn’t going to be ordinary either. Instead, place a retro-style typewriter for the guests to convey their blessings and good wishes for you and your better half.
· To set the right tempo for your vintage theme don’t forget to include the small details like candles (lots of them), bird cages, chandeliers, dramatic lighting, paper roses and peonies as well as pearls (can’t stress this enough).
· Last but not least, you’ve got to dress the part, this means floral vintage prints on delicate chiffon or satin fabric in pastel hues.
Vintage glam is the new contemporary and a number of couples are opting for the dreamy and romantic vintage theme. Say good bye to the flashy red and green attire coz it’s time to go pastel – if that’s not a recipe for a perfect vintage wedding then what is?